How to Keep Your Printer Printing 3 Common Mistakes
The printer is possibly the most important piece of office equipment after the computer. The only problem is that printers tend to stop printing after a while. This can be caused by age as all technology has a limited life span. However, it can also be caused by common mistakes made by people who handle the printer. There are common causes for printers to break but also mistakes that people make that mean more repairs. It is best that you know what they are and how to prevent the mistakes.
Most common reasons for canon printers breaking
There are many reasons for why canon printers stop working. Some of these reasons are pretty straight forward while others are a bit more complicated.
· Paper misfeed is one of the most common reasons for a printer to stop working. This problem is when the paper becomes caught in the mechanisms of the printer. This causes a jam and the printer will not work.
· Malfunctioning printer connections can be a major problem. The cable that connects your printer to your computer needs to be working correctly. To check this you may need to change the cable. The problem may be from the cable or the connection ports.
· Printer driver errors will cause your printer to print strange characters. Drivers can be reinstalled to fix this problem.
· If you have an inkjet printer and prints come out smudged then you should check the utility on the printer which cleans and aligns the printer heads.
Mistakes that make printer repair more common
There are also many mistakes that the owners of printers do that can cause printer repair to be more common. These are often things that you never think about or do once and forget that can shorten the life of the printer.
· Not aligning the printer heads. When you first get your printer you have to run through the installation which includes an alignment of the printer heads. Most people do this once and then forget about it. In fact this alignment should be done every time you change the printer cartridges.
· Overstocking the printer with paper. Having to get more paper for the printer is something that people try and avoid. To avoid this you may fill the paper tray to the limit. This is actually bad for the printer as it can cause a paper jam.
· Handling ink spills badly. Sub-par and many refilled cartridges will lead into your printer when you use them. How you handle the spill can either save your printer or ruin it. The natural reaction is to stop the spill from getting worse. You need to be careful when doing this as you may just spread the ink to the sensitive parts of your printer that will be ruined when the ink dries.
How to avoid risks to office printers
Now that you are aware of the risks to your office printers how can you avoid them? The first thing to do is ensure that they are installed correctly so you do not run the risk of driver problems. Also make sure that you get good quality cartridges that will not leak. If repairs are needed then you should get someone who knows what they are doing or is recommended by the manufacturer.
The life of your printer may be cut short by something you are or are not doing. There are many little things that we don’t think about that can help this important piece of equipment survive longer. Taking shortcuts that make our lives easier like overstocking the paper tray may be the very thing that causes the printer to break.