How to Make Your Canon Printer Wireless
Have you ever had to print something but didn’t want to move from where you were? Have you ever thought that it would be great to have a wireless printer so that you don’t have to go and connect your computer? With laptops being wireless most people will want a printer that is wireless as well. So how can you make your canon printer wireless?
Steps to take to make your canon printers wireless
Do you have a printer that unfortunately is not wireless? Well there are a few ways that you can make your canon printers wireless even if they are not. One method will need a wireless network and a computer that is always on and connected to the network.
1. The first step to this method is to connect your printer to the computer that is always on.
2. Once the printer is connected you have to make sure that the username and password are the same for the computer you print from and the computer attached to the printer. This has to be done to allow communication between computers.
3. On the computer attached to the printer you need to set up the printer. During this set up you should make sure that the output from the printer is what you want.
4. Once everything is to your liking go to the Printer and Faxes are in the control panel.
5. Right click on the printer you want and go to properties.
6. Go to the Sharing tab and select the Share this printer option. This will probably not be selected as a default.
7. You now have to give your printer a name. Make sure this is memorable so you do not forget what it is.
8. If the computers are working on different operating systems you will have to click on the additional driver’s button and select the drivers you want. You may have to use the CD that came with the printer or go to the manufacturer’s website to download the drivers.
9. Now log onto the computer you want to print from. Click Start then run and type in your IP address or host name after .
10. Double click on the printer’s folder and then on the printer you want on the screen you are taken to. The drivers for the printer will be installed onto your computer and you will be able to print wirelessly.
Getting wireless canon copiers
While it is possible to make your canon copiers wireless there is another option. Canon, like many other manufacturers have come out with wireless models of their printers. These printers allow you to connect and print wirelessly without you having to do anything other than plug them in.
Making your canon printer wireless is actually less complicated than you may think. Of course you will need to have a spare computer that is constantly on and attached via wires to the printer. You can also go the route of buying a wireless printer but they do cost much more than the time spent setting up the wireless network.