Everyone wants something for free but you can find that the free thing you get is not what you really want or need. Free Canon printer fleet(all your printers connected to your computer network) management software is something that a lot of people do need and want. Before you get it you should find out a bit more about it and how it is free.
When to install a Canon IW management console
Canon IW(ImageWare) management console is free Canon printer management software. Something that you might not realise is that this free software is actually shipped with every Canon printing system. Of course just because it is free and you have access to it does not mean that you should install it. IWMC is ideally for businesses with 5 or more printing machines.
What does Canon print management software do?
Canon print management software is actually a very powerful tool for your business. There are many things that it can do that will help you keep track of what is happening with all your printers. The first thing is that all the information will be sent to an email address so you never have to leave your desk to check your printers. The reports sent to your email will include information about errors and consumables. The software will also hold PDF’s and Jpeg’s which allows you to keep floor plans with the location of your printers on them.
Print management software for non-Canon printers
Something you may worry about is if this print management software will work for non-Canon printers. The answer is that it will work with your non-Canon printers as well. The reason for this is that it has a tool that manages your print drivers. Of course in order to do this the non-Canon printers will need to be connected to the network that any Canon printers are on.
Who should use IWMC?
Anyone can use IWMC in their office. The people who will find it very useful are IT managers. The reason for this is that it allows you to monitor all the devices remotely so you do not have to do rounds to check on the printers. If you have printers on your network that are not in the same building as you then you don’t have to worry. The printers can be in the building, in a building on the other side of the country or in another continent all together. This is one of the reasons why so many people use this print management software.
If you have bought a Canon printing system then you will already have this powerful piece of software. Canon IW management console is free of charge and possibly one of the best kept secrets of the print industry. This software allows you to keep track of all your printers anywhere in the world and even works with non-Canon printers. Additionally there is an address book which holds email addresses and fax number which can be ghosted out to different users.
imageWARE Management Console(iWMC) is a scalable fleet management solution. It is used to maximise office productivity and centralise control for medium to large organisations
- Central portal for networked devices
- Batch device configuration and distribution
- Can be personalised to tailor a business’s requirements by using various plug ins
- Real time device monitoring through status alerts and push notifications
- Can hold up to 3000 devices per server
- Device grouping and task scheduling to simplify and automate routine tasks
- Integrate device management and output management software, such as uniflow and eMaintenance
- Improve productivity by monitoring and managing all networked devices from a single location
- Save time by automating and scheduling tasks
- Improved device uptime and maintenance
- Proactive device management
- Consistent fleet management across multiple sites
- Easy access from web interface
- IT Departments
- Service Providers(through Managed Print Services(MPS))
- Facilities Management
How to get iWMS
- iWMC can be downloaded from the Canon Software Portal
- Managed Print Services – Accelerate
- Managed Print Service for SMB – Simplify
iW Management Console (part1) – Download and Install
iW Management Console (part 2) – Basic Setup