Your step-by-step guide to checking out your contractor’s credentials, and asking all the right questions.
Whether you’re relocating, refurbishing or fitting out new office space, the company you hire is one of the most critical choices you can make.
Get it right and you’ll have a smooth transition, with no disruption or budget over-runs. Get it wrong and it can be a nightmare of escalating budgets and business disruption.
The following checklist is designed to help you separate the good from the not-so-good, enabling you to have a successful project.
Checking their reputation
Reputation is everything. A design and fit out company will live or die on it. Whoever you choose to manage your project, take time out to talk to their past clients and look at projects they’ve delivered. It will be time well spent.
- Have they provided references?
- Have they managed projects of a similar size?
- Do they have a solid track record in your sector?
- Will they arrange site visits for you to see one of their finished projects?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they work all over Ireland
Assessing their financial stability and your risk
The health of the company you hire has a direct relation to your financial risk.
- Will they guarantee to deliver on budget, with no surprises?
- Will they guarantee to deliver on a fixed date, with no delays?
- Will they guarantee to deliver a snag-free project?
- Do they have the purchasing power to negotiate for materials, furniture, etc., on your behalf?